Substance Abuse Policy
FACT has the responsibility to maintain a safe and productive work environment free from the adverse effect of alcohol, controlled substances and drugs. Employees who work while under the influence of alcohol, controlled substances or drugs present a risk to co-workers, FACT assets, the community and themselves.
FACT has the responsibility to maintain a safe and productive work environment free from the adverse effect of alcohol, controlled substances and drugs. Employees who while under the influence of alcohol, controlled substances or drugs present a risk to co-workers, FACT assets, the community and themselves.
Therefore it is FACT policy any person impaired by the use of alcohol, controlled substances or drugs is prohibited from entering FACT facilities, engaging in FACT business or operating FACT equipment. Also, trading and illegal or unauthorized use or possession of alcohol, controlled substances and drugs is strictly prohibited while on FACT premises or engaged in FACT business.
This policy does not apply to:
- The use of prescribed drugs provided these do not affect the person’s ability to perform his/her duties in a safe and productive manner
- The moderate and responsible consumption of alcohol on non-operational premises or at Company business or social functions or in connection with business travel or entertainment if local law and customs permit, and if allowed by, and under the control of, local Management.
Searches and Tests
FACT reserves the right to conduct at the work site or at the point of departure to, or return from, the work site, in an appropriate manner and without prior announcement, searches of the personal effects, lockers, vehicles and quarters of any person subject to this policy and/or tests of employees, agents and subcontractors.
In particular such searches or tests shall be conducted under, but not limited to, the following circumstances:
- Pre-employment or re-employment
- After an accident
- Reasonable suspicion
- Compliance with law or regulation
- Under a client program
- After a rehabilitation program
Anybody who refuses to submit to a search or test or is found in violation of the above policy shall be subject to applicable lawful disciplinary action and/or removal from FACT property.
Laws and regulations
This policy must be administered and enforced in accordance with applicable laws. In the event of a conflict between any provisions of this policy and applicable laws, the applicable laws shall apply.